Monday 15 August 2011

Merlin's beard, that's shine-sational!

(Professor Slughorn reference anyone?)

Good day friends, countrymen and fellow ghetto-blaster toting fiends (oh yeah, I walk around with my own personal soundtrack, Spice Girls and Right Said Fred mostly, but enough about my uber-cool life).

Only the other day I was contemplating why on earth they don't make pina colada flavoured lollypops (pineapple growers conspiracy?) when I happened to notice how lovely and shiny my hair was looking. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not usually the type to wander about simply 'noticing' how wonderful I look, far from it in fact, but in this particular instance I was given a bit of assistance in looking quite hair-tastic (in more of a Farrah Fawcett fashion as opposed to Harry and the Hendersons) by a wonderful little product I have come to truly adore. The little beauty in question is the Ginko & Jojoba Intensive Moisture Vitamin Masque ($17.95) brought to you by the lovers of all things natural, Al'chemy, and looking suspiciously like this:


I first gave this hair mask a whirl after I had developed a slight addiction to the Pantene Pro-V 3 Minute Miracle hair treatment masks ($7.99 for a pack of 3) and was rapidly turning into a pack-a-week user. My hair was delighted with the situation but my bank balance was less so, which led me to search for a product with a bit more longevity. My hunt through the Priceline shelves turned up this little gem which as well as being lovely and sulfate and paraben-free also lasts me and my mid-back length, thick as thieves hair months and months even with 3x weekly uses (I know, I know, I have a problem).

The texture of this hair masque (do fancy names make for better products? In a word, yes) is nice and creamy and it's very natural-smelling - like sticking your head in a rosemary field or a mossy wood. The instructions say that it should be left on for 5 minutes in order for the natural goodness to take it's full effect but I find that just a few minutes (or however long I have after my shampoo, conditioner, shower flamenco routine) is sufficiently long for the shininess to take effect. And take effect it does, giving even my lanky, winter tortured locks a nice swoosh and shine.

So, til next time, shine on you crazy diamonds.





2 comments:

  1. I really need to give this a go. My hair is horrible in this winter weather and none of the hair treatments I have tried so far work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really couldn't recommend it more, it's made a huge difference to my hair which was noticable after only the first few washes.

    ReplyDelete