Thursday 9 June 2011

Sophisti-glitter

Oh hey there, I wasn't expecting you (just kidding, of course I was. Who else is going to bring me my nacho cheese Doritos? What, you forgot them?! Never darken my doorway again!)

This week I've been quite the little busy bee (whoops, nearly wrote busty bee - awkward) having trades people invade my house and doing exams and such, so I thought I may not have time to (gasp) give myself a bit of a maincure. But fear not oh gorgeous ones, I had a little trick up my sleeve (of wizard-esque proportions) which allowed me to squeeze one in without having to have a big slap-dash mess all over my digets. And what was that little tricky trick you may ask? It was GLITTER!

Now I'm not talking the kind of glitter polish that we all used to rock as 7 year olds (oh yeah, primary school chic) but rather a glittery concoction from OPI (by the name of Extra-va-vaganza ($19.95)) which incorporates amber, silver and greeny coloured glitter particles in quite a wonderful way like this:


And on some weird fingers I found out on the street:


The beauty of glitter isn't only in the fact that it's super fun (although that's probably like 94% of the beauty), it's also that its really easy to paint on (and build up) and if you do accidently paint into skin territory its really easy to just fleck off (yes, that's the technical term). And as someone who is quite familiar with the art of painting your nails so that someone might think that in fact a dog with a slight jitter painted them, glitter is a massively appealing option. Dancing like a maniac on the weekend here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment